If you are preparing to celebrate the Sacraments of Reconciliation, Eucharist or Confirmation, congratulations as you take your next step in full initiation into the Catholic Church. Sacraments are beginnings. Reconciliation begins to heal our relationship with God, Eucharist begins to feed us for the week and Confirmation prepares us to live out our mission as disciples, guided by the Holy Spirit.
Parents are the primary catechist of their children, and at Holy Spirit, we want to partner with you as your child continues their initiation.
FOR OLDER CHILDREN, TEENS AND ADULTS
We welcome those who feel that our children’s sacramental formation is not the best fit for them. Please contact us and we will determine together the best way to continue your formation.
Is for those who have already completed at least ONE year of LIFT and will be at least seven years of age by November 1st.
- An informational Gathering will be scheduled in the fall. We will supply materials to work with your child at home to help them understand Reconciliation is a Sacrament of Healing as they continue their initiation into the Church.
- We will also gather candidates and their families for a morning retreat on a Saturday in the fall to prepare to celebrate Reconciliation during November or December.
- Eucharist Formation will begin after January 1st with a Gathering in the church to explore the Mass and prayer. At this time families will also receive their materials for Eucharist formation.
- We will also gather the candidates and their families for a retreat during the early spring.
Eucharist will be celebrated during April or May during one of our weekend Masses.
Candidates must be at least 15 years of age and in 10th grade by October 1st and have completed at least ONE year of LIFT.
- We will have an informational gathering in the fall and begin gathering in late spring.
- A Rite of Enrollment will take place at mass before our prayer service formation begins.
- Formation will consist of four prayer services followed by a deeper exploration gathering. These prayer services focus on the signs of Confirmation: water, oil, light and bread. Candidates will attend with their parent(s)/guardian and/or sponsor.
- The celebration of Confirmation takes place during the fall.
**Candidates for Reconciliation, Eucharist and Confirmation must complete at least three seasons (one year) of LIFT prior to beginning Sacramental Formation.
If you have any questions, please contact us. We look forward to accompanying you on your faith journey.
Contact , sacramental preparation coordinator, for more information on the sacraments by email or at (518) 477-7925, ext. 207.