Stewardship is a way of life, a life of accountability and responsibility acknowledging God as Creator and Giver of all. Stewardship involves responsible management of our God-given resources of time, talent, and treasure. Stewards as disciples of Jesus Christ see themselves as caretakers of all God's gifts. Gratitude for these gifts is expressed in prayer, worship, offering and action by eagerly sharing our gifts out of love for God and one another.
Stewardship is based on the spiritual principles of the Old Testament and the teachings of Jesus. Stewardship is not just a program, or a method of fundraising, it is a way of thanking God for all His blessings by returning a portion of the time, talent, and treasure we have each received.
Stewardship is a path to holiness. It makes us more like Christ who came not to be served, but to serve. It is a grateful awareness that all we have and all we are comes freely from God. When we offer our lives back to God in love, He blesses that generosity a hundredfold.
What Does Scripture say about stewardship?
As each one has received a gift, use it to serve one another as good stewards of God's varied grace.
—1 Peter 4:10
But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things will be given you besides.
You have been told, O man, what is good, and what the Lord requires of you: Only to do the right and to love goodness, and to walk humbly with your God.
- What resources, talents, and abilities has God given me? Do I use them in service to others?
- If I am to work to be an effective Christian steward, with the help of God's grace, what will it cost me in terms of personal sacrifice and hardship? Am I willing to do this?
- How can I be of help to others in recognizing and using the gifts that they've been given?
Would you like to receive envelopes? Please let us know your name and address. Or, are you requesting envelope hold dates? If so, please let us know the dates to hold your envelopes.
Thank you for your interest in joining our Online Giving program. If you would like more information on our online giving program, check out one of the following documents:
If you are ready to sign up, please keep the following in mind:
1. For what has been your regular weekly gift, please consider combining your weekly gift amounts and covert it to a monthly gift in order to save on processing feeds paid by the church. To convert your weekly gift to a monthly gift, multiply your usual weekly gift by 52 (weeks in a year) and divide the result by 12 (months in a year). The resulting figure would be the monthly equivalent of your current weekly gift.
2. Also to save on processing fees paid by the church, please consider using the 3rd or 17th of each month as the dates you choose to have your gift withdrawn from your bank account.
3. For the special collections, such as Easter and Christmas, holy days, flowers, national collections, etc., those that are usually collected only one time during the year, please use the calendar icon to select the date indicating when you would like your gift to be withdrawn from your account. To assist you in completing the authorization form, we have identified the month during the year when the collection usually occurs.
4. If you would like to drop something in the collection basket you can print a note stating I Support Holy Spirit through Online Giving.
Our Parish has made every special collection a separate item, so you can choose which ones you want to support. Please indicate the amount you want to give to each of them individually.
CLICK ONLINE GIVING BUTTON TO BEGIN
If you are interested in online giving, but are uncomfortable setting it up yourself, WE CAN DO IT FOR YOU. For your convenience, please fill out this authorization form and bring it to the church office. We will take care of the rest.
Do you need to receive a year end tax statement?